By Iva Johnson
If you’re reading this than I assume you made it through all the Fourth of July festivities and you’re ready for more Michigan adventures!
While looking at the week ahead it’s obvious it’s summer in Michigan because there are concerts and fairs going on all over the state – and it’s only the beginning. From Journey in Clarkston to the Eaton County Fair in Charlotte, we have a lot going on around Michigan and I hope everyone reading this has the opportunity to enjoy something this beautiful state has to offer.
DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI (www.palacenet.com/venues)
- Fall Out Boy and Paramore: This concert begins at 7pm and the ticket prices are $38.50 – 68.50 for the pavilion and $28.50 for lawn seating. July 8, 2014
- Journey and The Steve Miller Band: This should be a great show with these two bands on deck! The show begins at 6:45pm and the ticket prices range from $45-$145 for seating in the pavilion and $38.50 on the lawn. Contact the venue for additional information . July 9, 2014.
- Aretha Franklin: Here’s your chance to see the “Queen of Soul” in person! Tickets for this show are: pavilion – $25, $35, $45, and $65 and to sit on the lawn will cost $15. The concert begins at 7:30pm. July 12, 2014
- Under The Sun 2014 Concert: What a lineup! Smash Mouth, Uncle Kracker, Sugar Ray and The Blues Traveler all together for one concert. Ticket prices for the pavilion are $35 – $55 and lawn seating is $15. July 11, 2014
The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI (www.palacenet.com/venues)
- Queen + Adam Lambert: On their North American Summer Tour, this concert is being touted as one of the most highly anticipated shows of the summer. Ticket prices are $35, $55 and $85. The concert begins at 8pm. July 12, 2014
Kewadin Casino, Hotel and Convention Center
- Trace Adkins: This concerts starts at 7pm in the DreamMakers Theater and tickets prices are $58.50 and $68.50. July 13, 2014
- Eaton County Fair, Charlotte, MI: Located at the Eaton County Fairgrounds, this fair offers Motocross shows, tractor pulls, horse shows and midway amusement rides and fun. Carnival ride armbands are available for most days at a price of $18. For additional information, visit the fair website at http://www.eatoncountyfair.com. July 7 – July 12, 2014
- Mecosta County Agricultural Free Fair, Big Rapids, MI: You can find this fair at the Mecosta County Fairground along with a day (or night) of fun. Harness racing, Figure 8, and Motor sports, along with carnival rides are just a few of the events to enjoy while visiting the fair. Ride armbands are available. You can find more information at the fair website – http://www.mecostafreefair.com. July 6-12, 2014
- BlackRock Medieval Festival, Augusta, MI: This annual medieval event is held at the The Olde World Village at 13215 M-96 in Augusta, Michigan. Held every Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm, from July 12 – August 3, 2014, this event is held rain or shine and offers a variety of entertainment to occupy your day. There is live jousting, bards, games and more to hold your attention as you stroll the village. Admission is only $10 for adults and children 12 and under are free! Personal note – if this renaissance fair is anything like the one held in Holly, Michigan August – September, it is a great time for your family and the admission price is HALF that of the Michigan Renaissance Festival – GOOD DEAL!
- Elsie Dairy Festival, Elsie, MI: Come join the fun! Whether you want to participate in the 5K Run. watch the parade or hop on a carnival ride, there will be plenty to do here. The festival is only three days long, so don’t wait! July 10-12, 2014.
- Saline Celtic Festival, Saline, MI: Located at Mill Pond Park, this is a Celtic Festival that thousands attend each year! There are three stages for non-stop entertainment and fun. The festival has children’s activities, social tents, Highland Games and, of course, bagpipers. For more information visit http://www.salineceltic.org. July 11-12, 2014
This is by no means a complete list of events and venues around this beautiful state of Michigan. It is meant to inspire you to go out and explore it on your own, to venture a little further than you would normally – to go beyond your own front door. I love Michigan and I could never imagine living anywhere but here and I want to share this state with everyone!
If there is something fun and exciting going on near you that I have not included, please tell us about it in the comments. Make sure you leave enough details!
Take a second to follow me here and the head over to Twitter and follow me there too! I can be found by typing Iva Johnson in the search bar on Twitter or by my Twitter ID of @heresmymichigan. As I here of more events or upcoming events, I leave info on my Twitter feed – so be one of the first to hear!
Now, go beyond your front door and have fun!
*Photo found on Bing.com images with no photographer credit of Eaton County Fair